8N/9D Nameri & Tawang Tour
Arunachal Pradesh, Assam
Cradling in the breathtaking swathes of northeastern India, Tawang unveils the awe-inspiring tale of nature’s best-kept secrets. On the mystical side of Arunachal Pradesh, Tawang enchants tourists not only for nature’s charisma but also for an important Buddhist Monastery, igniting the curiosity amongst culture vultures and inspiring admiration for spiritual significance that has been preserved over the ages.
Whether you are a lover of nature or a serious adventure junkie, tag along with a fulfilling Nameri National Park itinerary with AdventuRush. Follow through the opulent woods and taste the thrill with Nameri National Park River Rafting while the ethereal touches of Assamese nature watch over you. Nestled in the northern swathe of Assam, Nameri is a biodiversity hotspot spread over approximately 200 square kilometers. This national park is synonymous with lush green forests, riverine habitats, and a plethora of flora and fauna.
Get ready to be charmed, serenaded, and thrilled as you follow through intricate traces of Arunachal Pradesh. This Tawang and Nameri tour with AdventuRush is packed with thrill-inducing experiences in the woods that allow you to see no less than an unforgettable vista.
- Traverse the breathtaking Sela Pass and visit the iconic Tawang Monastery in the Himalayas.
- Embark on a transformative journey to the Indo-China border at Bum La Pass from Tawang.
- Immerse in local culture at Sangti Valley, Bomdila Monastery and vibrant markets during Tawang sightseeing.
- Take tranquil walks around the woods amidst towering trees and fauna embracing the wilderness.
- Experience the allure of Arunachal Pradesh's landscapes on a scenic drive from Bomdila to Guwahati.
- Pick-up from Guwahati airport. Start your day from Guwahati and overnight stay at Nameri.
- Indulge in rafting and fishing in Bhoroli river in the first half. Head towards bird watching post lunch or roam around the thick forest and relax. After lunch, head towards Bhalukpong. Overnight stay at Bhalukpong.
- We will drive to Dirang through the lush green mountains of Arunachal Pradesh. Dirang valley is a beautiful valley in the foothills of the Himalayan ranges. We will also visit the picturesque locations of Sangti Valley. Around this valley you can witness interesting features like various fruit orchids and exotic birds.
Nuranag Falls – Sela Pass – Sela Lake
- Journey to Tawang with stops at Nuranang Falls and the frozen Sela Lake, crossing Sela Pass, and arriving in Tawang by evening.
Tawang Monastery – Giant Buddha – War Memorial
- Explore Tawang’s treasures including the Tawang Monastery, Giant Buddha, War Memorial, and local market, indulging in ethnic cuisines.
Bum La Pass – Sangestar Tso (Madhuri Lake)
- Head to Bum La Pass, marking the Indo-China border, with stops at Sangestar Tso (Madhuri Lake) and a tribute to Indian Army guardians.
Bomdila View Point – Bomdila Monastery
- Drive from Tawang to Bomdila, enjoying, Bomdila View Point, and the revered Bomdila Monastery, along with local shopping.
- Depart Bomdila, taking a scenic route through Arunachal Pradesh’s landscapes.
- Following breakfast, we’ll take you to the renowned Kamakhya Temple, situated on Nilachal hill in Guwahati. Afterward, we’ll transport you to Guwahati Airport, marking the end of the tour.
- All transfers and sightseeing via SEDAN/ SUV/ Tempo Traveler
- Accommodation: Standard double/triple sharing rooms at mentioned places
- Meals: Breakfast
- Vehicle Fuel Charges, Toll Taxes and Driver's Allowances
- Services of a Local Hindi-speaking driver
- Inner line permit
- This trip covers locations based on high altitude.
- High altitude may lead to Acute Mountain Sickness due to lower oxygen pressure than usual. Some of the symptoms include headache, nausea and more.
- The hotels rooms mentioned are subjected to availability.
- Customers can pay for their entry tickets of Adventure Activities & Sightseeing (as mentioned in the itinerary), at the spot.
- Charges for BumLa Pass Vehicle are not included in the package.
- Vendor details will be shared post booking. Please co-ordinate with vendor on reporting time & location.
- Kindly pay full attention to the briefing provided and follow all guidelines as recommended.
- Kindly read all sections in attachment to know more about the trip.
- The itinerary and pricing might change according to the flight/ train arrival, departure timings, and other modifications.
- Booking will be confirmed within 24 hours.
- In case of non-availability for the date, our team will get in touch with you to work out best possible dates. Kindly bear with us as this industry does not work with real-time inventory view from vendor partners.
- If you wish to cancel before receiving a confirmation, you will receive 100% refund.
- Full Refund– If cancelled before 20 days of scheduled departure.
- No Refund– If cancelled within 20 days of scheduled departure.
- If participants are unable to or refuse to go through with the experience at site, no refund will be applicable. To avoid inconvenience to other travelers, the expedition will continue in such case and participant will have to make their own arrangements, if they continue their stay.
- 100% at the time of booking.
Rescheduling is subject to availability.
Once the cancellation window ends, rescheduling cannot be done.
Each booking allows for a maximum of two rescheduling opportunities. After which, no further changes can be made to the booking.
Any price differences resulting from rescheduling, such as changes in seasonal rates or availability, will be applicable and will be communicated to the customer during the rescheduling process.
In the event that a customer requests a rescheduling but fails to attend the newly scheduled appointment, it will be considered a missed appointment, and our standard cancellation policy will apply
- The total duration of this tour is 8 nights and 9 days.
- The state of Assam & Arunachal is best visited from November to May. The weather is perfect, with cool winds blowing from the Himalayan foothills to reduce heat and humidity.
- Please read the product detail page carefully for things to carry for the trip.
- No, there are no age and weight restrictions. In case of any medical history or conditions, please consult your doctor before visiting the trip.
- The accommodations will be provided in standard hotels/ guest houses on double/triple sharing rooms at mentioned places.
- Every day you will be doing a ride of minimum 5 to 6 hours and it may extend depending on the cumulative speed of the group and halts taken during the trip.
Below are the additional charges that may incur and are not included in the package cost:
- Charges for BumLa Pass Vehicle.
- Entry tickets of Adventure Activities & Sightseeing.
- Personal expenses.
- Any detours that you may take or places that you visit which are not a part of the itinerary.
- Full Refund– If cancelled before 20 days of scheduled departure.
- No Refund– If cancelled within 20 days of scheduled departure.
- If participants are unable to or refuse to go through with the experience at site, no refund will be applicable. In order to avoid inconvenience to other travelers, the expedition will continue in such case and participant will have to make their own arrangements, if they continue their stay.
- The payment policy is 100% at booking.
- The local permits required will be arranged by our vendor partner. However a valid Id proof & address proof, the booking voucher along with your declaration form is required.
- In case of extreme bad weather, government restriction or political disturbance, if any activity is cancelled; then the operator will suggest the best possible alternative. However, a cash refund is not applicable. In case of a change in itinerary due to weather, any additional expenses must be borne by the traveler.
- AMS or Acute Mountain Sickness is caused by the quick exposure to low oxygen levels at high altitude. Symptoms of AMS include nausea, fatigue, rapid heart rate and headache to name a few.
- In case of any symptoms, please inform your tour marshal immediately, if there is any discomfort and oxygen levels drop, Backup oxygen cylinder is provided as an immediate relief and the customer is taken to the nearest hospital and moved to a lower altitude region. Once the doctor certifies that you are fit to travel, you can resume the trip or you will be advised to travel back home.
- Any changes in your schedule pertaining to airlines or transportation will result in a change in the entire itinerary. The operator will suggest the best alternative possible in this case. However, a refund for any missed inclusions will not be provided and any extra cost incurred to rearrange the itinerary will be borne by the traveler.
- 4 - Passport size photographs.
- Photo & address identity proofs that are issued by the Government of India like Driving License, Passport, Voter ID (PAN card will not be considered as a valid address proof).
220 kms | 5 hrs
- With excitement for the Nameri National Park tour and zest for exploring nature further and further through the wilderness, you finally arrive in Guwahati. The journey begins as you drive from the airport to Nameri. Start off by checking into the accommodation. Relax and rejuvenate as the serene atmosphere greets you. In some time, get out in nature for a guided walk. This isn’t a usual walk but a rather relaxing tour of the surroundings that are ablaze with fascinating views of the Nameri National Park flora and fauna.
- Keep your pace slow as you soak into the sights of beautiful bird species and plants. Tuck in for the much-awaited moment of the day when you will be enthralled with one memorable experience of river rafting on the Jia Bhoroli River. Catch glimpses of a muted, tranquil view during river rafting. Return to your stay after an exhilarating duo of experiences and spend the night cosying up to the warmth of a campfire.
- Up for a new day, new rendezvous! The second day of the Nameri National Park tour brings with it a couple of eventful moments. So, brace yourself and fuel your body with a healthy breakfast. Kickstart the ride with river rafting and fishing in the Bhoroli River. As this beautiful river passes through the green-lit park, you get a promising view in the purview. Dive into the adventures of river rafting in this beautiful realm.
- As the first half of your day sets in, head for some scrumptious lunch and some rest. After Lunch, head towards Bhalukpong. You’ll spend the night in Bhalukpong.
140 kms | 4 hrs
- In the early morning, we’ll drive to Dirang, still traversing the lush green Arunachal Pradesh mountains. Dirang Valley, nestled in the foothills of the Himalayas, offers picturesque sights to explore. Our visit will include Sangti Valley, known for its natural beauty with dense forests, meandering hill rivers, and a unique culture. You can also explore attractions like Dirang Dzong, Kiwi Fruit Farms, Tibetan Villages, and indulge in some local market shopping.
- You’ll stay overnight in Dirang.
140 kms | 5 hrs
- After breakfast, our journey to Tawang begins with two notable stops. By evening, we’ll reach Tawang, visiting Nuranang Falls & Sela Lake. This lake remains frozen during the winter and is one of the sacred lakes for the Buddhist community. Sela Pass, at about 13,700 feet above sea level, is a significant location on the India-China border with Indian army camps nearby. The Sela Pass is a must-visit, offering stunning views.
- You’ll spend the night in Tawang.
135 kms | 5 hrs
After breakfast, we’ll explore Tawang and visit its major attractions:
- Tawang Monastery, one of the largest and oldest in Asia, also known as the Tawang Ganden Namgyal Lhatse.
- The Giant Buddha Statue
- Tawang War Memorial
- Tawang’s local market, where you can savor ethnic local cuisines and explore the area. You’ll spend the night in Tawang.
Sangestar Tso (Madhuri Lake)
- The morning sun beams gorgeously as you begin the new day of Tawang package towards the famed Bum La Pass. Towering at a staggering elevation of 5000m, this pass marks the Indo-China border. Witness the route which the Dalai Lama traversed into India for refuge. Amidst this panorama, Sangestar Tso, fondly known as Madhuri Lake, renders the heavens. Capture the essence of this experience with a photograph, leaving a pebble at the Heap of Stones—a tribute to the guardians of the Indian Army.
- As you return, the late afternoon or evening (depending on weather conditions) finds you back at your hotel. The night holds the promise of rest amidst Tawang’s beauty.
170 kms | 6 hrs
Bomdila View Point – Monastery at Bomdila
- After breakfast, set the course of the last day of Tawang package towards Bomdila, carried by the lush embrace of Arunachal’s mountains. Along this journey, embrace panoramic views at Bomdila View Point, and explore the revered Monastery at Bomdila. This sanctuary for Buddhist monks and Llamas resonates with spiritual energy, believed to be an exact replica of Tibet’s Tsona Gontse Monastery.
- A final exploration through the local market promises treasures and keepsakes before you rest in Bomdila’s serenity.
- After breakfast, we’ll embark on a drive back to Guwahati, a long journey filled with cherished memories and experiences amid the stunning landscapes of Arunachal Pradesh. We’ll arrive in Guwahati by late evening and stay overnight.
- As you indulge in breakfast, the day’s journey beckons—a return to Guwahati. Traverse the landscapes that have woven themselves into your memories, a tapestry of beauty and experiences. By late evening, as you reach Guwahati, you bid adieu to the landscapes that have taken residence in your heart.
- With a trove of cherished memories of the Tawang tour in your heart, enjoy an exquisite journey through the captivating terrains.