5N/6D Brahmatal Trek
Experience the enthralling trek to an alpine lake with this 6-day trek to Brahmatal. Referred to as the jewel of the Himalayas, the Brahmatal trek is a relatively new one but has become very popular in recent years. This trek is beautifully positioned amidst the Himalayas and covered with glittering snow carpets. The trek covers Bursol, Kopad campsite, Brahmatal and takes you through centuries-old forests of Oak and Rhododendron and offers you mesmerizing sights.
- Glimpse the beauty of the Garhwal Himalayas
- Witness holy confluences of mighty rivers and their distinct teal and turquoise hues
- Pass Kali Valley, the meeting point of the Kali and the Pindari Rivers
- 360-degree views of the mountain from its summit
- Views include - Chaukhamba, Mana, Mandir, Neelkanth, Nilgiri, Nanda Ghunti, Trishul, and Maitoli, Panchachuli Ranges and Shivalik Himalayan Mountains.
Route: Rishikesh – Devprayag – Srinagar – Rudraprayag – Karanprayag – Dewal – Lohajung
- Meet the vendor partner at ISBT Rishikesh at 6:15 AM and enjoy your drive to Lohajung, a
small village situated inside the Chamoli district in Uttarakhand. It is about 250 kms and will
take you 10-11 hours from Rishikesh.
- Enjoy breathtaking views of the Garhwal Himalayan range, pristine peaks and beautiful hues
of river confluence set amidst a stunning sunset enroute.
Transportation to Lohajung will be provided. Lohajung is home to a small market, where you
can purchase trekking gear and essentials amongst other things. Spend the night at the
guesthouse booked for you. Network is available in this town. Lohajung is a town at the top
of the mountain therefore you can anticipate the weather to get cold, rainy or foggy
particularly at night
Take the bus at Lohajung and head to the Bekaltal campsite. After a delicious breakfast, begin
your 6 km trek with a moderate ascent, through Oak and Fir forest set against breat-taking
views of Mount Nanda Ghunti, towards Bekalatal. You can fill your water bottle with pristine
spring water enroute. By the end of the trek, you would have gained an altitude of 2,150 ft or
Enjoy a hot lunch at the campsite. Once your tents are put up, you can refresh yourself and
go to the Bekaltal Lake or Brown Lake, just 15 minutes away from your campsite in the
evening. The distinctive brown color in the lakes is due to the significant quantity of organic
matter dissolving into the seas.
After watching the stunning sunset from Bekaltal, return to your camp for a delicious meal
that awaits you in the evening. Stay overnight at the Bekalatal Campsite in a twin-sharing
The ascent via Bekaltal is steep for 1.3 hours and then gradual. The descent is steep in the
next section with a final gradual descent to the campsite. No water source is available on the
way; therefore, carry at least two bottles of water from the campsite.
It takes about five hours for the hike. You will be trekking on some snow-covered paths. The
trail is forested and once you get to Telindi summit, take in breathtaking views of the majestic
Himalayas. Continue the path until you arrive at Brahmatal and Khabekhal Lake. You can enjoy
a night walk along Brahmatal Lake, about 500m from the campsite.
Enjoy some hot food at the camp and sleep in tents for the night. You would have gained an
altitude of 1,300 ft or 400 m by the end of day 3.
After breakfast, you can prepare for the 2.5 hours climb to the top of Brahmatal. Bring at the
very least two litres of water along with you, as there are no water sources enroute. A
mountain ridge encloses this trail with valleys on both sides. Ascent till Brahmatal top high
point is moderate. Witness the breathtaking views of the Himalayan Ranges. Mt. Trishul is
very close with panoramic views from Nandhaghunti. From the top, you’ll be able to enjoy
the stunning views of the snow-covered Himalayan Ranges. Enjoy a packed lunch here.
After the Pass, descend for 2.7 kms until Daldum Campsite via Jhandi Top. The hike will last
up to 3 hours to complete.
Overnight stay at tents at Daldum camp.
From Daldum it’s a steep and gradual descent of about 4 km that will take between 3 and 4
hours. The climb to Lohajung follows an easily marked trail that crosses some streams and
through the forest of Oak and Fir Forest. When you arrive at Lohajung, check into your
guesthouse and freshen up. In the evening, wander around the town for some souvenir
shopping. Sunsets from Lohajung are impressive.
After a scrumptious dinner, enjoy a peaceful night’s rest.
After having your last morning tea and breakfast, head back to Rishikesh to mark the
conclusion of an incredible trip. Rishikesh is located 210km from Lohajung and will take
approximately 10 hours to return. Expect to arrive in Rishikesh at about 7 pm, which could
vary according to the road and traffic conditions.
Your eyes may take time to accept the end of some breath-taking views as you head towards
- Veg Meals
- Expert Instructor
- Camping Tent
- Sleeping bag/ Mattresses
- Kitchen & dining tent
- Toilet tent
- Crampon/ Microspikes/ Gaitors
- Permits & Fees
- First aid medical kits
- Oxygen cylinder
- Cook/ Support staff
- Transportation from Rishikesh To Lohajung
- Transportation from Lohajung to Rishikesh
- This trip covers locations based on high altitude and not recommended for people with asthma or other breathing concerns
- Age limit 18+
- Keeping your safety first, if the weather is poor, the event may be delayed or postpone, and an alternative time slot will be suggested
- Please carry an ID proof and passport size photo (PAN card will not be considered as a valid id proof)
- Kindly read all sections in attachment to know more about the trip
- Kindly pay full attention to the briefing provided and follow all guidelines as recommended
- Trekking is to immerse oneself in nature, so please expect basic facilities
- Electricity may be available only at a few locations
- Package includes vegetarian meals only
- Vendor details will be shared post booking. Please co-ordinate with vendor on reporting time & location.
Rishikesh Bus stand
477W+57W, Adarsh Gram, Rishikesh, Uttarakhand 249201Directions
Rishikesh Bus stand
477W+57W, Adarsh Gram, Rishikesh, Uttarakhand 249201Directions
- We will confirm your booking within 24 hours.
- In case of non-availability for the date, our team will get in touch with you to work out best possible dates. Kindly bear with us as this industry does not work with real-time inventory view from vendor partners.
- If you wish to cancel before receiving a confirmation, you will receive 100% refund.
- Full Refund- If cancelled before 7 days of the scheduled trip.
- No Refund- If cancelled within 7 days of the scheduled trip.
If participants are unable to or refuse to go through with the experience at site, no refund will be applicable.
100% at the time of booking
- The best time to go for the Brahamtal Trek is from Mid-November to March. This trek is famous as it offers a frozen lake embedded in a crater at the summit with a backdrop of Mt. Trishul and Mt. Nandaghuti. The crystal-clear lake freezes in winter and the shrine beside the lake offers eternal peace.
The starting point for this expedition is Rishikesh. You can reach here by air, rail or by road. If you wish to reach Rishikesh by air then Jolly Grant airport in Dehradun is the nearest with a distance of 21 kms from the city. You can take a direct train to Rishikesh and it is well connected with govt and private buses running from the major cities in the north region.
The maximum altitude of this trek is 11,570 Ft.
Please read the “What to carry” section on the product details page.
The difficulty level for this trek is moderate. The highest altitude is 11,570 Ft. The total distance is 29 kms. If you are someone who does not work out regularly, it is advisable to start working out at least a month before the trek to avoid any discomfort. If you are able to Jog 5 kms in 30 minutes, your stamina is good to go. You can prepare yourself by running and doing cardio exercises.
- This is a moderate to difficult trek and will require physical strength, Recommendation to get physically fit is to start working out at least a month before the trek.
- To gain stamina, you can try Cardio and running along with stretching every day to strengthen your muscles and work on your flexibility.
- A If you are able to Jog 5 kms in 30 minutes, your stamina is good to go.
The total trek distance is 29 Kms and the time it will take you to complete the same is 6–7 hours a day
In case you are sick and not able to complete the trek, you will be sent down to the base camp depending on the circumstances. Kindly note that a refund or reschedule for the same is not applicable. Any extra expenses incurred during this transfer will be borne by the traveler.
- Full Refund- If cancelled before 7 days before scheduled departure
- No Refund- If cancelled by customer less than 7 days before scheduled departure
If participants are unable to or refuse to go through with the experience at site, no refund will
The payment policy is 100% at the time of booking
Refunds are subjected to the cancellation policies . All refunds will be processed in 10 business days to the source account
In case of extreme bad weather, government restriction or political disturbance, if any activity is cancelled; then the operator will suggest the best possible alternative. However, a cash refund is not applicable. In case of a change in itinerary due to weather, any additional expenses will be borne by the traveler.
Add a review
You must be logged in to post a review.
4.8 / 5
It was amazing. Well managed by the ground team.
Thank you Adventurush for the seamless booking expereinece.
It was nice expereinece for me. The Trek is very beautiful and
all pre booking expereinece was nice. Rahul from Adventurush
breifed me well about the trek and provided all the info to me.
The Groud arrangements were perfecty done by the operator.