Uttari Betta Trek
Uttari Betta is a captivating 5-kilometer trek that meanders through a stunning, verdant landscape reminiscent of the Western Ghats, making it one of Karnataka’s most exceptional day hikes. Commencing from a quaint village, the trek takes you through the ancient fort’s massive stone walls, guiding you through seven impressive gateways to reach the midway point, crowned by the Shankareswar Temple. The vista from this temple’s summit is so breathtaking that it can momentarily captivate your senses. Beyond the temple, the trek unfolds through a charming forested area, leading you into an entirely unexpected and enchanting world, culminating at the grassy hilltop, embraced by colossal boulders. After a pleasant interlude at the summit, complete with light conversation and a packed lunch, the descent back to the trek’s starting point begins.
- Embark on a unique and daring no-trail trek across mixed landscapes. See it all forests, rocks, boulders and steep slopes.
- Explore one of the least-explored trekking spots around Bangalore.
- Delve into the serenity of the Shola forest as you pass through scented trees and plush fields.
- If you're lucky, get a chance to spot bison, wild bears and Sambar deer.
- Hunt for the passage that leads to the ultimate Netravati Hills peak to witness the majestic beauty of the spectacular landscape.
- Start your journey from Bangalore Indiranagar by boarding the bus.
- Arrive at the base camp for the Uttari Betta Trek, freshen up and commence the 6 km ascent.
- After relishing the scenic views, and experiencing the thrill of the Hutridurga Trek, return to the base.
- Start the journey back to Bangalore.
- Guide Charges
- First Aid Kit
- Entry Charges
- Age limit 12+
- Keeping your safety first, if the weather is poor, the event may be delayed or postpone, and an alternative time slot will be suggested.
- Please carry an ID proof and passport size photo (PAN card will not be considered as a valid address proof).
- Kindly read all sections in attachment to know more about the trip.
- Kindly pay full attention to the briefing provided and follow all guidelines as recommended.
- Trekking is to immerse oneself in nature, so please expect basic facilities.
- Electricity may be available only at a few locations.
- Package includes vegetarian meals only.
- Vendor details will be shared post booking. Please co-ordinate with vendor on reporting time & location.
- We will confirm your booking within 24 hours.
- In case of non-availability for the date, our team will contact you to work out the best possible dates. Kindly bear with us as this industry does not work with real-time inventory views from vendor partners.
- If you wish to cancel before receiving a confirmation, you will receive a 100% refund.
- Full Refund- If cancelled before 7 days of the scheduled date.
- No Refund- If cancelled within 7 days of the scheduled date.
If participants are unable to or refuse to go through with the experience at the site, no refund will be applicable.
- 100% at the time of booking.
Rescheduling is subject to availability.
Once the cancellation window ends, rescheduling cannot be done.
Each booking allows for a maximum of two rescheduling opportunities. After which, no further changes can be made to the booking.
Any price differences resulting from rescheduling, such as changes in seasonal rates or availability, will be applicable and will be communicated to the customer during the rescheduling process.
In the event that a customer requests a rescheduling but fails to attend the newly scheduled appointment, it will be considered a missed appointment, and our standard cancellation policy will apply
- The ideal time to visit Uttari Betta Trek Trek is during the months of June to October when the weather is pleasant and favorable for trekking.
- The starting point for this trek is from Indiranagar, Banglore.
- Yes, beginners can attempt the Uttari Betta Trek Trek, but it is important to be physically fit and mentally prepared for the challenges of the trek. It is advisable to start with less difficult routes and gradually progress.
- Some precautions to take while trekking Uttari Betta Trek include carrying sufficient water, wearing proper trekking shoes, carrying necessary medications, and being aware of weather conditions and trail markings.
- If you become unwell and unable to finish the trek, you will be escorted back to the base camp depending on the situation. Please be aware that there won’t be any refunds or opportunities to reschedule for the same trek. Any additional expenses associated with this transfer will be the responsibility of the traveller.
- Full Refund- If cancelled before 7 days before scheduled departure.
- No Refund- If cancelled by the customer less than 7 days before scheduled departure.
If participants are unable or refuse to go through with the experience at the site, no refund will be applicable.
- The payment policy is 100% at the time of booking.
- Refunds are subject to the cancellation policies. All refunds will be processed in 10 business days to the source account.
- In case of extremely bad weather, government restriction or political disturbance, if any activity is cancelled; then the operator will suggest the best possible alternative. However, a cash refund is not applicable. In case of a change in itinerary due to weather, any additional expenses will be borne by the traveller.
Your adventure begins as you get picked up from Indiranagar. Prepare for an exciting day ahead.
While en route, you’ll stop to enjoy a hearty breakfast. We’ll provide your packed lunch for the trek.
Start your trek journey with an interactive session (about the Hutridurga hill) with your professional guide. Buckle up as you take a steep ascent through the picturesque countryside, quaint villages and lush green fields.
This 6-kilometer Uttari Betta trek has a rocky trail. Get ready to explore the ancient Hutridurga hill, a place of architectural value and natural beauty. Hold tight as you climb across steep boulders and wet rocks.
Reach the summit of Sankarakumbhi, the highest point of the hutridurga trek. Unwind yourselves at a height of 3708 ft. Be sure to savour the packed lunch amidst this natural beauty.
Begin your descent towards the base camp at 2:30 p.m. Have a scintillating downhill experience, marvelling at the untouched wilderness of Hutridurga Hill. Reach the base camp and depart to Bangalore after a well-deserved adventure break.