6N/7D Leh | Stok – Car Expedition
Take a break from the hustle and bustle of city life and embark on this pulse racing 7-days trip that offers you the perfect blend of nature, culture and history. Snow-capped mountains, beautiful lakes, admirable landscapes and breathtaking structures form the highlight of this trip, that promises you an experience of a lifetime.
- Highest motorable passes in the world
- Experience the confluence of the Indus and Zanskar rivers at the Sangam
- Climb to the striking Khardung La Pass, on your drive to the Nubra Valley
- Stay at the Nubra Valley and witness awe-inspiring geography of the place
- Enjoy the beautiful drive from Nubra to Pangong Tso alongside the Shyok River
- Sightseeing tour of the popular Magnetic Hill that defies gravity
- Visit the Shey Monastery or Gompa which houses a huge Shakyamuni Buddha statue, the second largest Buddha statue in Ladakh
- Visit to the beautiful Stok Palace
- Tantalize your taste buds with a traditional ‘Ladakhi Lunch’ in a 200-year old house
- Visit the Hall of Fame, the museum that signifies patriotism in every sense
Drive to the hotel in Leh. Spend the rest of the day relaxing. Get acclimatized to the weather of Leh. Overnight stay in Leh.
- Wake up to the beautiful weather of Leh and enjoy breakfast. After breakfast, get ready to explore Leh. Visit the Gurdwara Pathar Sahib built in the memory of Guru Nanak. Located about 40 kms away from Leh, on the Leh-Kargil road, Gurdwara Pathar Sahib is a high-altitude outpost with stunning mountain views. Enjoy the gravity-defying experience of the Magnetic Hill. The highlight of your day is a visit to the Sangam, where the Indus river and Zanskar river converge, offering a spectacular sight.
- You will also visit the Shanti Stupa, Monastery, Leh Palace and the Hall of Fame. Later in the evening, take a stroll through the Leh market.
- After dinner, overnight stay in Leh.
160 Kms | 4-5 Hrs | 17,982 ft
- After breakfast in Leh, head to the beautiful Nubra Valley known for its unique geography of river, mountains, land and desert. You will cross the famous Khardung La pass on your way to Nubra Valley.
- Enjoy your lunch at North Pullu. There will be a halt at Khalsar, a small village nestled on the banks of river Shyok and Hunder. The sand dunes alongside the Shyok river is a sight to behold.
- Overnight stay at Nubra.
150 Kms | 3-4 Hrs | 14,270 ft
- Post breakfast in Nubra, leave for Pangong Tso, where the last scene of the movie ‘3 idiots’ was shot. Enjoy your drive alongside the Shyok river. There will be a short halt at Agham.
- Lunch will be served at Durbok village, where the road cuts for Chang La and Pangong Tso.
- Overnight at Pangong Tso.
160 Kms | 5-6 Hrs | 17,590 ft
- Enjoy breakfast with the beautiful view of Pangong Tso. Post breakfast, visit the Shey Monastery, built in the 16th century. Enjoy a halt at Tso Ltak, the beautiful unexplored lake of Ladakh. This is also where the climb for Chang La begins. Located at an altitude of 17,590 ft, Chang La is the second highest pass in the world.
- Enjoy lunch at Karu. Overnight stay at Leh.
30 kms| 1 Hrs| 10,000 ft
- After breakfast, it is time to explore the Stok Village. The journey from Leh to Stock takes you through breathtaking views with lush greens and glistening snow peaks.
- Visit the beautiful Stok Palace, housed on a hill overlooking the valley of Singey Sangpo which is truly the symbol of everything Ladakhi. Enjoy a traditional ‘Ladakhi Lunch’ served hot in a 200-year-old house by a local Ladakhi family.
- Rest for some time. In the evening, walk around the Leh city local Bazar. Overnight stay in Leh.
Enjoy your breakfast. Post breakfast, you will get a drop-off to the airport. Have a safe and relaxed journey back home.
- Ladakhi lunch on Day 6 at Stok village
- Airport pickup-drop
- Driver / Guide
- First aid kit
- Oxygen cylinder
- Bon Fire wherever possible (Depends on the weather condition)
Leh: Hotel Lumbini/ Basera INN /Lonchay villa/ Hotel Taj ladakh/ La budha /Abu palace/ Similar
Nubra: Skylark nature resort/Royal Desert camp/ Sky Ride/De Nubra/ Summer camp / Similar
Pangong : Pangong holiday/Pang tso /100 Sky Camp /Padma camp/Regal camp/ Similar
Leh :HOTEL RAFICA / Dejavu /Evergreen/ Imperial Ladakh/Grand Ladakh/ Similar
Nubra: Royal delux camp/hotel Snow Lepord/Regal camp/Apricot camp/ Similar
Pangong: Pangong Heritage/High Lake camp/ The Kora Eco Resort /Mentsel cottegae /Galaxy cottage/ Similar
Leh: Hotel Paradise ladakh/Hotel Samaya/ Kesar Palace /Lakrook/Singge Palace/ Similar
Nubra: wooden resort/Nubra Eco lodge/Mystique Meadows Earth Home/Pebbles swizz camps resort/nubra sarai/ Similar
Pangong: Lg resort/Nirvana/Vista camp/Pangong Inn/Man Village tourist camp/ Similar
- This trip covers locations based on high altitude.
- High altitude may lead to Acute Mountain Sickness due to lower oxygen pressure than usual. Some of the symptoms include headache, nausea and more.
- Kindly read all sections in attachment to know more about the trip
- Kindly pay full attention to the briefing provided and follow all guidelines as recommended.
- Photo & address identity proofs that are issued by the Government of India like Driving License, Passport, Voter ID and Aadhaar card. (PAN card will not be considered as a valid address proof)
- Vendor details will be shared post booking. Please co-ordinate with vendor on reporting time & location.
Kushok Bakula Rimpochee Airport – Leh AirportDirections
Kushok Bakula Rimpochee Airport – Leh AirportDirections
- We will confirm your booking within 24 hours.
- In case of non-availability for the date, our team will get in touch with you to work out best possible dates. Kindly bear with us as this industry does not work with real-time inventory view from vendor partners.
- If you wish to cancel before receiving a confirmation, you will receive 100% refund.
- Full Refund– If cancelled before 15 days of scheduled date
- No Refund– If cancelled within 15 days of scheduled date
If participants are unable to or refuse to go through with the experience at site, no refund will be applicable. In order to avoid inconvenience to other travelers, the expedition will continue in such case and participant will have to make their own arrangements, if they continue their stay.
100% at the time of booking
- The transportation during this trip will be provided based on the group size and the vehicle selected as per your choice. The available options are Tempo Traveller/Toyota Innova/Mahindra Xylo/Scorpio. Since Ladakh is a rough terrain, only the vehicles with high ground clearance are used here.
- Please read the product detail page carefully for things to carry for the trip
There is really no age and weight limit for Ladakh as long as there is no medical history or condition involved. Please consult your doctor before visiting the trip
The accommodations will be provided in standard hotels/ guest houses and camps on Single/twin/ triple sharing basis of your selection.
Breakfast and dinner are included in the trip from Dinner on Day 01 to Breakfast on Day 07 – Additional Ladakhi Lunch at Stok village on Day 06
The local permits required will be arranged by our vendor partner however a valid Id proof ,address proof and booking confirmation email is required.
The best and fastest way to reach Leh is by getting a direct flight from Delhi to Leh. The duration for the same is 1 hr and 15 mins.
Below are the additional charges that may incur and are not included in the package cost:
- Personal expenses
- Any detours that you may take or places that you visit which are not a part of the itinerary.
- Entry fees of any attractions.
- Full Refund- If cancelled 15 Days before departure
- No Refund- If cancelled within 15 Days of departure
If participants are unable to or refuse to go through with the experience at site, no refund will be applicable.
In order to avoid inconvenience to other travelers, the expedition will continue in such case and participant will have to make their own arrangements, if they continue their stay.
The payment policy is “100% at booking
In case of extreme bad weather, government restriction or political disturbance, if any activity is cancelled; then the operator will suggest the best possible alternative. However, a cash refund is not applicable. In case of a change in itinerary due to weather, any additional expenses must be borne by the traveler.
This trip is the best way to explore Leh Ladakh with family and friends without the hardships of riding on your own. You can easily enjoy this trip with ample time for sightseeing. Thus it is a very easy trip to enjoy.
Each day you will be taking a drive for 4-5 hours and enjoying the surreal beauty of Leh in all its glory.
You can enjoy river rafting, camping, double humped camel ride and ATV rides during this trip at your expense. It is not a part of the package but can be customized as per the traveller’s request.
- If you are visiting during the summer season, the initial months will let you see the snow on the trails that is melting from the mountains. During monsoon season, there might be sudden showers but not snow.
- AMS or Acute Mountain Sickness is caused by the quick exposure to low oxygen levels at high altitude. Symptoms of AMS include nausea, fatigue, rapid heart rate and headache to name a few.
- In case of any symptoms, please inform your tour marshal immediately, if there is any discomfort and oxygen levels drop, Backup oxygen cylinder is provided as an immediate relief and the customer is taken to the nearest hospital and moved to a lower altitude region. Once the doctor certifies that you are fit to travel, you can resume the trip or you will be advised to travel back home.
Any changes in your schedule pertaining to airlines or transportation will result in a change in the entire itinerary. The operator will suggest the best alternative possible in this case. However, a refund for any missed inclusions will not be provided and any extra cost incurred to rearrange the itinerary will be borne by the traveller.
- 4 - Passport size photographs
- Photo & address identity proofs that are issued by the Government of India like Driving License, Passport, Voter ID. (PAN card will not be considered as a valid address proof)
Add a review
You must be logged in to post a review.
I just completed my tour of Leh-. The tour was very successful and I enjoyed it completely. Let me add that this was possible due to all help provided by Whole team I appreciate your way of dealing with clients. Thanks again.
wanted to thank for planning Ladakh Car Tour for me and my wife. It was amazing and exceeded my expectations! We had a wonderful time there. Will look forward to plan with you on our next Tour/Trip as well!