6N/7D Rupin Pass Trek
Closed for the Season
Unfolding at an altitude of 15,250 ft., the Rupin Pass trek gives you an enthralling view of the lofty Kailash peak, making you fall in love with the place at every sight as the odyssey is for the undaunted and nature enthusiasts. The sudden vistas thrown by the Grandest cross-over trek of India will surely give you a massive adrenaline rush through its dramatic landscapes doused with sparking colours and romantic sites.
Wrapped in the cascading waterfalls plunging directly from the high mountains, lush green landscapes, and barren land, the odyssey is for the undaunted and nature enthusiasts. Its adjoining beauties commencing from Dhaula, Uttarakhand, to Sangla, Himachal Pradesh, give visitors its serenity and charm making the expedition worth the hype. Pack light, put on the safety gear, hang in tight, and explore this thrilling Rupin Pass trek package by AdventuRush, that promises an exhilarating expedition to the Himalayas.
- Enjoy an exuberant trekking expedition through the mesmerizing scenes of nature and hills and encounter its sheer beauty.
- Feel the picturesque sunrise from the mountains and free yourself in its divinity and charm.
- Walk through peaceful rivers and enjoy the appealing river snow bridges and the all-time beautiful wildflowers.
- Relish the fields covered with snow and witness the absolute thrill and adventure of the Rupin Pass.
- Relish the captivating views of the Dhauladar range and the Ronti Gad.
- Hike through the pine forests and savor the beautiful apple orchards and wooden houses in the adjoining villages.
- The trekkers will be picked up from the old Shimla bus stand at 6 am for a 10-hour-long drive to the Home Stay Guest House. Here, you will relax for the night and enjoy a hearty and scrumptious dinner. Don’t forget to carry your woollens as the weather is going to be cold and humid. Keep your cameras ready, as the stunning views of nature and hills will enthral you and give your journey the finest start.
- You will travel to Bawta through Rohru, a beautiful sight on the Pabar river located approximately 110 km from Shimla. The road from Rohru splits into two routes – the Janglik, which is the base camp for Buran Ghati Trek and the second to the Bawta base camp, old Rupin Pass. We will travel through the striking Chainsheel valley leading to the Bawta base camp, giving you a glimpse of the fun and excitement embraced in the Rupin Pass Trekking.
- Make sure you wake up early and endure the riveting sunrise that will bless your morning. The second day in the Rupin Pass Itinerary will take you to Jakha through a 5 km trek of ascent and steep climb in 4 hours. And, of course, it includes all’s beloved Maggi and tea stalls on its way and hot and tasty lunch at the campsite.
- Jakha is the highest and last village of the Rupin Pass Trek. The zig-zag trails will and the wooden bridge will take you through some astonishing sites of the dense forests. Moreover, the beliefs and thoughts of the villagers will completely change your mindset and refurbish your views of life. You will then go for a moderate climb to Jiskun and descent to the wooden bridge and zig-zag trail and rest in tents or homestays. A night at Jakha will give you a chance to experience the juvenility of the dark and feel its serenity.
- Waking up to the beautiful, serene sunrise at Jakha, we begin with the third day of the expedition. Carry your lunch for the day, and start to the Dhanderas Thatch, landing on a startling mountain in the forests. The snowy bridges take you to the Rupin River, followed by the narrow track leading to the wooden bridge, which promises an aesthetic photo opportunity to all. The scenic views add a pacifying take to the hike and make your Rupin Pass trekking spiritually satisfying. Crossing the stream and treading the rocky ground, find yourself in the enchanting forest of Rhododendron while paving your way to the Saurwas Thatch.
- Revel in the tranquility, and participate in the fun, adventure activities at the Saurwas Thatch. The ravishing view of the U-shaped valley amidst the lush greenery and the Rupin Waterfall is sure to rejuvenate you.
- Relax, and pace yourself for what’s next in the Rupin Pass Itinerary. The Bhoj Trees, known as the ‘Sacred Silver Cane Trees’, will guide and escort you to the edge of the U-shaped valley. Following this, the gorgeous yellow meadows and the snowy bridge will help you reach the middle of Dhanderas Thatch, completing the 11 km-long trek in almost 8 hours. Set up your tents, and enjoy a night of peaceful relaxation amidst the sweet fragrance of the flora of Dhandreyash Thatch.
- This day brings us to a restful day full of recreational activities and team bonding. Relish a day in nature’s lap and participate in the spirited activities included in the Rupin Pass Trek Package. Gear yourself up in your comfortable fits and cameras to live and capture some happy memories. Laugh out loud, spend quality time with your expedition partners and enjoy the peace and quiet of Dhanderas.
- Retire to the camps after a day of revitalization and get ready to scale further towards the thrilling Upper Waterfall on Day 5 of the Rupin Pass trek itinerary.
- This adventurous journey brings you to the Upper Waterfall and the yellow ‘Marigold’ blooms- beautiful sites that are a treat to your eyes and soul. AdventuRush will assist you with the technical equipment and guide you through the necessary precautions and know-how to trek in the snow.
- The training is included under the Rupin Pass Trek price and will be extremely helpful in concluding the trek.
- Passing through several climbs and cutting ice on the way, you will first reach the amazing lower waterfall. Here, the gorgeous snow bridge will give you some astounding views and fill you with the confidence and energy to climb the steep mountains and reach the upper waterfalls. The bizarre beauty, thrill and excitement of the trek will not end here, as the next day in the Rupin Pass Itinerary has even more to offer. Till then, you can rest and entice your taste buds with lip-smacking meals at the campsite.
- Welcome to the most exciting and adventurous day of the trek. The steep ascent and descent will take almost 10 hours to take you to the 4,650 metres away Rupin Pass, the most outstanding and prominent attraction of the journey.
- Post breakfast, the trek will begin at about 4:30 am. Carry your water bottles and other necessary equipment required for the long trekking day. The first stop will be at the Rati Pheri, which is a steep ascent giving you some time to adjust to the changes in the weather. The fields dressed in snow will give you the initial glimpses of the Rupin Pass and will show you something you never expected. Follow your guide and carefully walk through the rocky areas and loose stones. It is better to climb the steep ascent individually and avoid any difficulties. Reaching the summit, you will come across colourful flags moving in the winds and an extraordinary view of the Dhauladar Range. Spend some time relishing the beauty and serenity of the range, before starting the descent. The pastures will further take you to the Ronti Gad, which is home to fine-looking mountains adorned with snow and attractive meadows. The longest day of the trek ends here with a yummy dinner and rest at the campsite.
- The last day of the Rupin Pass Trek will take you 12 km down from Ronti Gad to Sangla. The team will guide you through the easy ways to descend and ensure a safe journey. After crossing the 1500ft height, you will exit the narrow gorge and enjoy the wonderful sights at Mt. Kinner Kailash. From here, you will trek through the pine forest and the village with adorable apple orchards and wooden houses. Half an hour of sharp descent, followed by a short climb, brings you to Sangla. Bid farewell to the beautiful town of Sangla before you board the cabs for Shimla and reach the city by late at night. You can make your hotel bookings in Shimla accordingly.
- Camping Equipment
- First Aid Kit
- Cook/ Support Staff
- This trip covers locations based on high altitude and not recommended for people with asthma or other breathing concerns.
- The trek is not recommended for people below the age of 18 years.
- Keeping your safety first, if the weather is poor, the event may be delayed or postpone, and an alternative time slot will be suggested.
- Please carry an ID proof and passport size photo.
- Kindly read all sections in attachment to know more about the trip.
- Kindly pay full attention to the briefing provided and follow all guidelines as recommended.
- Trekking is to immerse oneself in nature, so please expect basic facilities.
- Electricity may be available only at a few locations.
- Package includes vegetarian meals only.
- Vendor details will be shared post booking. Please co-ordinate with vendor on reporting time & location.
- We will confirm your booking within 24 hours.
- In case of non-availability for the date, our team will get in touch with you to work out best possible dates. Kindly bear with us as this industry does not work with real-time inventory view from vendor partners.
- If you wish to cancel before receiving a confirmation, you will receive 100% refund.
- Full Refund- If cancelled before 7 days of departure.
- No Refund- If cancelled by customer less than 7 days of departure.
- If participants are unable to or refuse to go through with the experience at site, no refund will be applicable.
- 100% at the time of booking.
Rescheduling is subject to availability.
Once the cancellation window ends, rescheduling cannot be done.
Each booking allows for a maximum of two rescheduling opportunities. After which, no further changes can be made to the booking.
Any price differences resulting from rescheduling, such as changes in seasonal rates or availability, will be applicable and will be communicated to the customer during the rescheduling process.
In the event that a customer requests a rescheduling but fails to attend the newly scheduled appointment, it will be considered a missed appointment, and our standard cancellation policy will apply
- The best time to go for Rupin Pass Trek is May to October.
- The starting point for this trek is Shimla. You can reach Shimla village by road. To reach by road, you can take a cab or a bus from Delhi/ Chandigarh to Shimla.
- The maximum altitude of this trek is 15250 ft.
- Please read the “What to carry” section on the product details page.
- The difficulty level for this trek is Moderate to Difficult. The highest altitude is 15250 ft. The total distance is 45 kms. If you are someone who does not work out regularly, it is advisable to start working out at least a month before the trek to avoid any discomfort. If you are able to Jog 5 kms in 30 minutes, your stamina is good to go. You can prepare yourself by running and doing cardio exercises.
- All veg & Jain meals from Breakfast on day 1st to Breakfast on day 5th.
- This is a Moderate to difficult Morning jogs and running 15 days before the trip will be helpful during the trek.
- To gain stamina, you can try Cardio and running along with stretching every day to strengthen your muscles and work on your flexibility.
- The total trek distance is 45 kms and the time it will take you to complete the same is 6-7 hours a day.
- In case you are sick and not able to complete the trek, you will be sent down to the base camp depending on the circumstances. Kindly note that a refund or reschedule for the same is not applicable. Any extra expenses incurred during this transfer will be borne by the traveler.
- Full Refund- If cancelled before 7 days of scheduled departure
- No Refund- If cancelled by customer less than 7 days of scheduled departure
- If participants are unable to or refuse to go through with the experience at site, no refund will be applicable.
- The payment policy is 100% at the time of booking.
- Refunds are subjected to the cancellation policies. All refunds will be processed in 10 business days to the source account.
- In case of extreme bad weather, government restriction or political disturbance, if any activity is cancelled; then the operator will suggest the best possible alternative. However, a cash refund is not applicable. In case of a change in itinerary due to weather, any additional expenses will be borne by the traveler.