5N/6D Leh – Car Expedition
Closed for the season
Immerse yourself in this 6-day trip to Leh that will soothe your senses and offer you an unparalleled experience. Magnificent monasteries, picturesque lakes, lofty mountains, and scenic vistas will leave you spellbound. The tour also includes halts and stopovers at various places to give you an authentic and heartwarming experience.
- One of the Highest motorable passes in the world - such as Khardung La, highest motorable road of the world, at 17,982 ft.
- Experience the confluence of the Indus and Zanskar rivers at the Sangam.
- Drive to the Nubra Valley and soak in the stunning orchards and natural beauty.
- Drive through the breathtaking landscapes from Nubra to Pangong Tso alongside the Shyok River.
- Climb to the striking Khardung La Pass, on your drive to the Nubra Valley.
- Visit the Shey Monastery or Gompa, situated on a hillock in Shey which has a huge Shakyamuni Buddha statue.
- Experience village life at Khalsar, situated on the banks of river Shyok and Hunder, with sand dunes alongside the Shyok River.
- Sightseeing tour of the popular Magnetic Hill that defies gravity.
- Halt at Tso Ltak, a high-altitude lake at 16,618 feet on your way from Pangong Tso to Leh.
- Visit the Hall of Fame that houses weapons, history exhibits and signifies patriotism in every sense.
- Drive to the hotel in Leh and spend the rest of the day relaxing and getting acclimatized.
- You will also meet the tour representative who will walk you through the tour.
- Overnight stay in Leh.
- Enjoy your breakfast and get ready to explore Leh. Experience the mystifying phenomenon of the Magnetic hill that defies gravity.
- You will also visit the Gurudwara Pathar Sahib, Shanti Stupa, Hall of Fame, Monastery, and Leh Palace.
- The highlight of the day is a visit to the Indus-Zanskar confluence, known as Sangam, this experience where you will witness the shiny blue of the Indus River merging with the green of the Zanskar River, is truly a spectacular one.
- Overnight stay at Leh.
160 Km | 4-5 Hrs | 17,982 ft
- After breakfast, head to the awe-inspiring Nubra Valley. A broad valley with majestic mountains on all sides, Nubra is famous for its beautiful orchards, picturesque vistas, camels, and monasteries.
- On your way to Nubra Valley, you will cross Khardung La, the highest motorable road in the world.
- After crossing the checkpoint at North Pullu, you will also get a halt at Khalsar, a small village on the banks of rivers Shyok and Hunder. You will love the sand dunes alongside the Shyok River.
- Overnight stay at Nubra.
150 Km | 3-4 Hrs | 14,270 ft
- Enjoy your breakfast at Nubra. Post breakfast leave for Pangong Tso, one of the most attractive places in Ladakh.
- Your drive to the Pangong Tso will be mainly alongside the Shyok River.
- Enjoy a halt at Agham and stretch your legs. Agham is a tiny village where the road cuts for Wari La, a mountain pass at an elevation of 17,427ft above sea level.
- Enjoy your lunch at village Durbok where the road cuts for Chang La and Pangong Tso.
- Overnight stay at Pangong Tso.
160 Km | 5-6 Hrs | 17,590 ft
- Wake up to a beautiful, fresh, and chilly morning with a stunning view of the Pangong Tso and enjoy breakfast.
- Leave early to visit the Shey Monastery, also called Gompa. Housed on a hillock in Shey, it contains a huge Shakyamuni Buddha statue. Shey used to be the summer capital of Ladakh in the past.
- Also, visit the school from the movie ‘3 Idiots’. On the way back, you will see places like Tso Ltak, a beautiful high-altitude lake at 16,618 feet. Also, the climb for Chang La starts from here.
- Reach Leh in the evening. Overnight stay at Leh.
- This is the last day of this adventure-filled trip. After breakfast, you will get a drop-off at the airport.
- Enjoy your journey back home.
- Airport pickup-drop
- Driver cum guide
- First aid kit
- Oxygen cylinder
- Bon Fire wherever possible (Depends on the weather condition).
Leh: Hotel Lumbini / Basera INN / Lonchay villa / Hotel Taj ladakh / La budha / Abu palace/ Similar
Nubra: Skylark Nature Resort / Royal Desert camp / Sky Ride /De Nubra / Summer camp / Similar
Pangong: Pangong holiday / Pang Tso / 100 Sky Camp / Padma camp / Regal camp/ Similar
Leh: Hotel Rafica / Dejavu / Evergreen / Imperial Ladakh / Grand Ladakh / Similar
Nubra: Royal Delux Camp / Hotel Snow Lepord / Regal Camp / Apricot Camp / Similar
Pangong: Pangong Heritage/ High Lake Camp / The Kora Eco Resort / Mentsel cottegae / Galaxy cottage / Similar
Leh: Hotel Paradise Ladakh / Hotel Samaya / Kesar Palace / Lakrook / Singge Palace / Similar
Nubra: Wooden Resort /Nubra Eco lodge/ Mystique Meadows Earth Home / Pebbles Swizz Camps Resort / Nubra Sarai / Similar
Pangong: Lg Resort / Nirvana / Vista camp / Pangong Inn / Man Village Tourist Camp / Similar
- This trip covers locations based on high altitude.
- High altitude may lead to Acute Mountain Sickness due to lower oxygen pressure than usual. Some of the symptoms include headache, nausea and more.
- Kindly read all sections in attachment to know more about the trip.
- Kindly pay full attention to the briefing provided and follow all guidelines as recommended.
- Please Carry photo identity proofs that are issued by the Government of India like Driving License, Passport, Voter ID. (PAN card will not be considered as a valid address proof).
- We will confirm your booking within 24 hours.
- In case of non-availability for the date, our team will get in touch with you to work out the best possible dates. Kindly bear with us as this industry does not work with real-time inventory views from vendor partners.
- If you wish to cancel before receiving a confirmation, you will receive a 100% refund.
- Full Refund- If cancelled before 15 days of scheduled departure.
- No Refund- If cancelled within 15 days of scheduled departure.
If participants are unable to or refuse to go through with the experience at the site, no refund will be applicable. In order to avoid inconvenience to the other travelers, the expedition will continue without participants.
100% at the time of booking.
Rescheduling is subject to availability.
Once the cancellation window ends, rescheduling cannot be done.
Each booking allows for a maximum of two rescheduling opportunities. After which, no further changes can be made to the booking.
Any price differences resulting from rescheduling, such as changes in seasonal rates or availability, will be applicable and will be communicated to the customer during the rescheduling process.
In the event that a customer requests a rescheduling but fails to attend the newly scheduled appointment, it will be considered a missed appointment, and our standard cancellation policy will apply
The transportation during this trip will be provided based on the group size and the vehicle selected as per your choice. The available options are Tempo Traveller / Toyota Innova / Mahindra Xylo / Scorpio. Since Ladakh is a rough terrain, only vehicles with high ground clearance are used here.
Please read the product detail page carefully for things to carry for the trip.
There is really no age and weight limit for Ladakh as long as there is no medical history or condition involved. Please consult your doctor before visiting the trip.
The accommodations will be provided in Standard Hotels/Guest Houses and Camps on a Single/Twin/Triple sharing basis of your selection.
Breakfast and dinner are included in the trip from Dinner on Day 01 to Breakfast on Day 06.
The local permits required will be arranged by our vendor partner however a valid ID proof, Address proof, and booking confirmation email are required.
The best and fastest way to reach Leh is by getting a direct flight from Delhi to Leh. The duration for the same is 1 hr and 15 min.
Below are the additional charges that may incur and are not included in the package cost:
- Personal expenses
- Any detours that you may take or places that you visit that are not a part of the itinerary.
- Entry fees for any attractions.
- Full Refund- If cancelled 15 Days before departure.
- No Refund- If cancelled within 15 Days of departure.
If participants are unable to or refuse to go through with the experience at the site, no refund will be applicable. In order to avoid causing inconvenience to the other travellers, the expedition will continue in such cases and participants will have to make their own arrangements if they continue their stay.
The payment policy is 100% at booking.
In case of extremely bad weather, government restriction, or political disturbance, if any activity is cancelled; then the operator will suggest the best possible alternative. However, a cash refund is not applicable. In case of a change in itinerary due to weather, any additional expenses must be borne by the traveler.
This trip is the best way to explore Leh Ladakh with family and friends without the hardships of riding on your own. You can easily enjoy this trip with ample time for sightseeing. Thus, it is a very easy trip to enjoy.
Each day you will be taking a drive for 4-5 hours and enjoying the surreal beauty of Leh in all its glory.
You can enjoy river rafting, camping, double-humped camel rides, and ATV rides during this trip at your expense. It is not a part of the package but can be customized as per the traveller’s request.
If you are visiting during the summer season, the initial months will let you see the snow on the trails that are melting from the mountains. During monsoon season, there might be sudden showers but not snow.
- AMS or Acute Mountain Sickness is caused by quick exposure to low oxygen levels at high altitudes Symptoms of AMS include nausea, fatigue, rapid heart rate, and headache to name a few.
- In case of any symptoms, please inform your tour marshal immediately, If there is any discomfort and oxygen levels drop, a Backup oxygen cylinder is provided as an immediate relief and the customer is taken to the nearest hospital and moved to a lower altitude region. Once the doctor certifies that you are fit to travel, you can resume the trip or you will be advised to travel back home.
Any changes in your schedule pertaining to airlines or transportation will result in a change in the entire itinerary. The operator will suggest the best alternative possible in this case. However, a refund for any missed inclusions will not be provided and any extra cost incurred to rearrange the itinerary will be borne by the traveller.