5N/6D Leh | Turtuk | Leh – Bike Expedition
Get ready for an adventure of a lifetime with the Leh-Turtuk-Leh bike trip, taking you through the awe-inspiring Indian Himalayas. This 720 km journey will have you cruising through the highest motorable passes in the world, starting from the vibrant city of Leh and leading you to the enchanting Nubra Valley, the secluded Turtuk village, and the captivating Pangong Tso lake, before returning back to Leh.
Leh to Turtuk is a breathtaking journey through the rugged landscapes of Ladakh. The journey from Leh to Turtuk is not for the faint-hearted, but it’s an experience you’ll never forget. Leh to Turtuk has something for everyone.
The scenery on this route is truly breathtaking. Rest assured, we’ll provide you with all the juicy details including the itinerary, inclusions, and trip highlights. If you’re looking for a unique and adventurous travel experience, consider following the Leh to Turtuk itinerary. This journey takes you through the rugged terrain of Ladakh and offers stunning views of the Himalayan mountains. Along the way, you’ll visit remote villages and interact with locals, immersing yourself in the region’s rich culture. The Leh to Turtuk itinerary is sure to leave you with memories that will last a lifetime. So pack your bags and get ready for an unforgettable adventure!
Are you ready to hit the road and explore the stunning Himalayas?
- Ride through some of the highest motorable passes in the world, including Khardung La, which is the highest pass in the world accessible by motor vehicles.
- Explore the beautiful Nubra Valley, which is known for its stunning landscapes, sand dunes, and ancient monasteries.
- Visit Turtuk, a remote village located close to the Line of Control, which offers a glimpse into the unique culture and lifestyle of the Balti people.
- Ride along the picturesque Shyok River and witness the stunning natural beauty of the region.
- Explore the mesmerizing Pangong Tso lake, which is located at an altitude of 14,270 feet and spans across India and China.
On your first day, upon arrival in Leh, make your way to the designated hotel and settle in for the adventure ahead. In order to adjust to the new environment, it’s important to stay hydrated. Take a sip of water every 15 minutes and allow yourself to rest until 4 pm. Afterwards, explore the beauty of Shanti Stupa, Leh Palace and the local market on your own. As the day comes to an end, walk back to the hotel and relax for the night, ready for the exciting journey to come.
Embark on the ultimate adventure on day two after indulging in a healthy breakfast. This journey will take you through some of the highest passes in the world and offer an ever-changing landscape of barren land. Be sure to make a stop at the Khardung-La Pass, the world’s highest all-season motorable road, where you can take in the awe-inspiring views and feel on top of the world. If time permits, visit the Diskit Monastery, the oldest and largest monastery in Ladakh, and marvel at the grand Buddha statue. Don’t miss out on the exquisite double-humped Bactrian Camel Ride, exclusively found in this region, which was once a part of the famous Silk Route. Spend the night at a cozy campsite in the picturesque Nubra Valley, ready for the next leg of your journey.
Day three begins with a delectable breakfast before embarking on a ride towards Turtuk village. This charming town is the last outpost in India before the Pakistan-controlled Gilgit-Baltistan begins and serves as a gateway to the Siachen Glacier. Turtuk is culturally, linguistically, and historically different from anything you’ve experienced thus far in your Ladakh holiday, as it falls under the Gilgit-Baltistan region. The landscape is also unique with narrow valleys and steep mountains, unlike Central Ladakh and Nubra. Despite being situated at a lower altitude than Leh, you’ll be amazed by the green pastures that yield fresh produce like apricots and apples.
The picturesque journey from Turtuk to Leh takes you through some of the most stunning landscapes in the world. The route from Turtuk to Leh winds its way through the rugged terrain of the Himalayan mountains, promising breathtaking views at every turn. As we make your way from Turtuk to Leh, we’ll pass through remote villages and ancient monasteries that are steeped in history and culture. One of the highlights of the trip from Turtuk to Leh is the chance to meet the locals and learn about their way of life. The people in this region are warm and welcoming, and they will make you feel right at home.
Relish the stunning natural beauty of the landscape on your journey from Turtuk to Leh. The snow-capped mountains, crystal-clear rivers, and verdant valleys are a visual treat. After a day of exploration, return to the Nubra Valley campsite for a delicious dinner and spend the night under the starry sky.
Indulge in a delightful morning meal amidst the stunning vistas of Nubra Valley, and gear up for a day filled with anticipation as you set off to visit the legendary Pangong Lake, located on the Indo-China border. The drive from Turtuk to Nubra Valley is a thrilling experience that takes you through some of the most stunning landscapes in the region. The route from Turtuk to Nubra Valley winds its way through the rugged terrain of the Himalayas, offering breathtaking views at every turn.
Marvel at the breathtaking view of the Shyok river on one side and the majestic mountains on the other, while you soak in the beauty of one of the highest altitude saline lakes in the world. Your overnight stay at a cozy campsite near Pangong Lake promises a tranquil and comfortable experience, as you witness the lake’s stunning transformation from hues of blue to green to red. Take your time to explore the surroundings, and bask in the natural glory of this awe-inspiring destination.
Rise and shine to a magnificent view of Pangong Lake and tantalize your taste buds with a delectable breakfast, as you gear up to make your way back to Leh. But wait! Before you bid adieu to this ethereal destination, make a pit stop at the legendary Chang-la Pass – a towering mountain pass that’s known to touch the sky! Explore the mystical Changla Baba Temple, nestled atop the pass, which is said to be the guardian of those who brave the heights of Chang La.
Treat yourself to some local delights at the charming Chang-la Cafe, that’s sure to leave you craving for more. Once you’ve soaked in the beauty of Chang-la Pass, head back to Leh for a much-deserved break, followed by a scrumptious dinner at your hotel. Hit the sack at your cozy abode, as you get ready to embark on a new adventure, armed with memories that will last a lifetime.
As your sojourn comes to an end, savor a hearty breakfast before bidding farewell to Leh. It’s time to make your way to the airport and board your flight back home, as you carry with your memories of a lifetime. Cherish every moment of this incredible journey, and let the experiences you’ve gathered here fill your heart and soul, long after you’ve departed from this paradise.
- Leh: Mandala Hotel / Leh Villa / Karakoram Hotel / Similar
- Nubra: Sand dune Hotel / Shayok Camp / Similar
- Pangong: Pangong Heritage Camp / P3 Camp /100 Sky Camp / Similar
- Note -*Hotel will be provided based on availability at the time of booking
- Experienced Tour marshal
- Backup vehicle with luggage space upto 60 Litres
- Breakfast & Dinner
- First aid kit
- Oxygen cylinder
- Bon Fire wherever possible (Depends on the weather condition)
- A refundable security deposit of INR 10,000 in cash will have to be paid on arrival to the vendor partner for the Bike.
- If you are bringing your own bike, the fuel cost will not be included in the package cost.
- Kindly carry 01 rucksack bag per person (Trolley bags not allowed)
- This trip covers locations based on high altitude.
- High altitude may lead to Acute Mountain Sickness due to lower oxygen pressure than usual. Some of the symptoms include headache, nausea and more.
- Kindly read all sections in attachment to know more about the trip
- Kindly pay full attention to the briefing provided and follow all guidelines as recommended.
- Vendor details will be shared post booking. Please co-ordinate with vendor on reporting time & location.
- We will confrim your booking within 24 hours.
- In case of non-availability for the date, our team will get in touch with you to work out best possible dates. Kindly bear with us as this industry does not work with real-time inventory view from vendor partners.
- If you wish to cancel before receiving a confirmation, you will receive 100% refund.
- Full Refund- If cancelled before 15 days of scheduled departure
- No Refund- If cancelled within 15 days of scheduled departure
If participants are unable to or refuse to go through with the experience at site, no refund will be applicable. In order to avoid inconvenience to the other travelers, the expedition will continue in such case and participant will have to make their own arrangements, if they continue their stay.
100% at the time of booking
Rescheduling is subject to availability.
Once the cancellation window ends, rescheduling cannot be done.
Each booking allows for a maximum of two rescheduling opportunities. After which, no further changes can be made to the booking.
Any price differences resulting from rescheduling, such as changes in seasonal rates or availability, will be applicable and will be communicated to the customer during the rescheduling process.
In the event that a customer requests a rescheduling but fails to attend the newly scheduled appointment, it will be considered a missed appointment, and our standard cancellation policy will apply
Since this is a rough terrain, a bike with powerful engine and strong build is preferable. The ideal bike for this trip is RE Classic 350cc, RE Classic 500cc, RE himalayan, RE Thunderbird, Bajaj Avenger and in adventure bikes, you can try KTM Duke, KTM Adventure 390.
Yes, it is absolutely safe for solo riders to bring their own bike and join the group if they are a good rider. The group departure has an experienced tour marshal along with a mechanic and a backup vehicle. Thus, you can enjoy this adventure with maximum safety.
Yes, there will be an experienced tour marshal during the entire trip.
Please read the product detail page carefully for things to carry for the trip
- The best time to visit for a Ladakh Bike Trip is from May to October, during this time all the winter snow starts melting resulting in clear and dry roads. Autumn and summer are the best time, as there are a lot of festival celebrations in the town , which makes it more appealing for tourists.
Yes, there are age & weight restrictions for this trip. The age limit is 18 to 50. The weight limit is 50 to 100 Kgs as long as there is no medical history or condition involved. Please consult your doctor before going for the trip.
The accommodations will be provided in standard hotels/ guest houses and camps on Single/twin/ triple sharing basis of your selection.
Breakfast and dinner are included in the trip from Dinner on Day 01 to Breakfast on Day 06
If you are a frequent bike rider then this trip is perfect for you. If you are not a rider then you can join the trip as a pillion with your rider partner or get a seat on a backup vehicle
Every day you will be doing a ride of minimum 5 to 6 hours and it may extend depending on the cumulative speed of the group and halts taken during the trip.
You can enjoy river rafting, camping, double humped camel ride and ATV rides during this trip at your expense. It is not a part of the package being offered.
If you are going for this expedition during the month of Jan to March, you may experience snow on the trail. In the summer, the snow melts completely and the weather is bright and sunny.
Below are the additional charges that may incur and are not included in the package cost:
- A refundable security deposit of INR 10,000 in cash will have to be paid on arrival to the vendor partner for the Bike.
- Personal expenses
- Any detours that you may take or places that you visit which are not a part of the itinerary.
- Entry fees of any attractions.
- For riders with their own bikes, all the documents related to the vehicle are mandatory like insurance, RC and Driving license a valid Id & address proof. For other riders, id proof and valid driving license is required.
- The local permits required will be arranged by our vendor partner however a valid Id proof & address proof, the booking voucher along with your declaration form is required.
- The best way to reach Leh is by getting a direct flight from Delhi to Leh. The duration for the same is 1 hr and 15 mins.
- Full Refund– If cancelled before 15 Days of scheduled departure
- No Refund– If cancelled within 15 Days of scheduled departure
If participants are unable to or refuse to go through with the experience at site, no refund will be applicable. In order to avoid inconvenience to the other travellers, the expedition will continue in such case and participant will have to make their own arrangements, if they continue their stay.
The payment policy is “100% at booking
In case of extreme bad weather, government restriction or political disturbance, if any activity is cancelled; then the operator will suggest the best possible alternative. However, a cash refund is not applicable. In case of a change in itinerary due to weather, any additional expenses must be borne by the traveler.
- AMS or Acute Mountain Sickness is caused by the quick exposure to low oxygen levels at high altitude. Symptoms of AMS include nausea, fatigue, rapid heart rate and headache to name a few.
- In case of any symptoms, please inform your tour marshal immediately, if there is any discomfort and oxygen levels drop, Backup oxygen cylinder is provided as an immediate relief and the customer is taken to the nearest hospital and moved to a lower altitude region. Once the doctor certifies that you are fit to travel, you can resume the trip or you will be advised to travel back home.
Any changes in your schedule pertaining to airlines or transportation will result in a change in the entire itinerary. The operator will suggest the best alternative possible in this case. However, a refund for any missed inclusions will not be provided and any extra cost incurred to rearrange the itinerary will be borne by the traveller.
- 4 - Passport size photographs
- Driving Licence – Original
- If bringing your own bike, all documents related to your bike should be brought.
- Please Carry a Photo & address identity proofs that are issued by the Government of India like Driving License, Passport, Voter ID. (PAN card will not be considered as a valid address proof)