7N/8D Winter Spiti Backpacking
Spiti Valley is a cold desert mountain valley in the Himalayas in the Northeastern part of the Northern Indian state of Himachal Pradesh. “Spiti” means “The middle land”, i.e. the land between Tibet and India. The valley has a different landscape and feeling during the winters, when almost the whole valley turns white. If you like cold and adventure then this is the road trip that you should opt for and we are the company that can make your trip unforgettable.
- Stay in Kaza, a beautiful town home to beautiful majestic mountains, crystal clear rivers, streams and unique landscapes
- Visit the mesmerizing beauty and serene charm of Mud, the last village of the Indo-Tibetan border connected by a motorable road
- Visit to the Key Gompa Monastery, nestled between the mountains in a bowl shape
- Visit Komic, the highest village in the world with motorable roads
- A nature’s abode with a mesmerizing view of Kinner Kailash peak
- Visit Nako a home to a 500-year-old prayer wheel made of Yak Skin
- Start your exciting Spiti Journey from Delhi to Shimla Over night journey in volvo. Enjoy the scenic route filled with lush green trees, sleek turns and the hustle bustle of mountain routes.
- Enjoy a delicious breakfast and get ready to witness the rustic beauty of Spiti. Today, you will be heading towards Rampur. Eroute, you will cross Kufri. After reaching Rampur, Check-in at the hotel and have dinner followed by an overnight stay.
- Wake up to a beautiful morning and enjoy breakfast. Today you will be leaving for Kalpa is a quaint village in Kinnaur. A nature’s abode with a mesmerizing view of Kinner Kailash peak. Witness the hue of shades reflecting on the mountains as the day passes. After reaching Kalpa, check-in at the hotel and get some rest. In the evening, head out to explore nearby places like Buddhist Gompa – Hu Bu Lan Kar. End your day with a hot dinner and an overnight stay.
- Start your day with a hot-piping breakfast and check-out from the hotel. Today you will be driving to Kaza. Enroute you will cross through Nako, Tabo and Dhankar. You can visit the 1000-year-old Nako monastery and the footprints of Lord Padmasambhava. After arriving at Kaza, check-in at the hotel and spend the rest of the day leisurely. You can visit Gue Monastery in Gue Village. Have dinner and an overnight stay in Kaza.
Begin your day with a scrumptious breakfast and head out for the local sightseeing of Kaza. You will be exploring some monasteries such as Ki monastery nestled in the embrace of Langza village, Komic Monastery, Sakya Tangyud monastery, Hikkim to visit the world’s highest Post office.
Head back to the hotel after a full day excursion and have dinner. Spend the night at Kaza.
- Enjoy your breakfast and start your journey to Tabo. Enroute you will be witnessing the mesmerizing views of Pin valley.
- After reaching Tabo, check-In at the hotel and relax for a while. Later, head out to visit some of the most interesting places in Tabo like Chogskhor Monastery, The Golden Temple, Bodhisattva Maitreya Temple, The Chamber of Picture, Mahakala Vajra Bhairava Temple, Temple of Dromton, Temple of the Enlightened Gods.
- Begin your day with a delicious breakfast and get ready to leave Tabo for your further journey to Chitkul. Spend some leisure time at Chitkul, the last Village on old Indo-Tibetan trade route and get mesmerized by its unparallel beauty. Later, head to Sangla for dinner and an overnight stay.
- Start your day with some hot tea and breakfast. Your trip is almost over as today you will be bidding goodbye to Spiti Valley.
- Check-out from the hotel and start your journey towards Shimla. Enroute, you will be crossing through Narkanda. After reaching Shimla, get dropped off at the bus station and board a Volvo for your overnight journey to Delhi.
- After an overnight journey, you will be reaching Delhi and putting an end to your Winter Spiti car trip.
- Rampur : Aarav regency/ Similar
- Kalpa : White Castle/Similar
- Kaza : Spiti Sarai/Hotel Delek/Similar
- Tabo : The Lake view/Similar
- Sangla : Lake View/ Similar
- Transportation in Tempo-Traveler
- Sightseeing Tours/Transfers/Excursions as per the itinerary
- All toll taxes, Driver allowances & parking Charges.
- To and fro transfers from Shimla to Delhi in Volvo bus
- Breakfast and Dinner
- Driver cum guide during the trip
- Bon Fire wherever applicable
- This trip covers locations based on high altitude.
- High altitude may lead to Acute Mountain Sickness due to lower oxygen pressure than usual. Some of the symptoms include headache, nausea and more.
- Kindly read all sections in attachment to know more about the trip
- Kindly pay full attention to the briefing provided and follow all guidelines as recommended.
- Photo identity proofs that are issued by the Government of India like Driving License, Passport, Voter ID. (PAN card will not be considered as a valid address proof. )
- Vendor details will be shared post booking. Please co-ordinate with vendor on reporting time & location.
- We will confirm your booking within 24 hours.
- In case of non-availability for the date, our team will get in touch with you to work out best possible dates. Kindly bear with us as this industry does not work with real-time inventory view from vendor partners.
- If you wish to cancel before receiving a confirmation, you will receive 100% refund.
- Full Refund– If cancelled before 7 days of the scheduled date
- No Refund– If cancelled within 7 days of the scheduled date
If participants are unable or refuse to go through with the experience at site, no refund will be applicable.
To avoid inconvenience to other travellers, the expedition will continue in such cases and participants will have to make their arrangements if they continue their stay.
- 100% at the time of booking
Rescheduling is subject to availability.
Once the cancellation window ends, rescheduling cannot be done.
Each booking allows for a maximum of two rescheduling opportunities. After which, no further changes can be made to the booking.
Any price differences resulting from rescheduling, such as changes in seasonal rates or availability, will be applicable and will be communicated to the customer during the rescheduling process.
In the event that a customer requests a rescheduling but fails to attend the newly scheduled appointment, it will be considered a missed appointment, and our standard cancellation policy will apply
- The transportation during this trip will be provided based on the group size and the vehicle selected as per your choice. The available options are Tempo Traveller/Toyota Innova/Mahindra Xylo/Scorpio. Since the route is a rough terrain, only the vehicles with high ground clearance are used here.
- Please read the product detail page carefully for things to carry for the trip
- Yes, there are age & weight restrictions for this trip. The age limit is 18 to 50. The weight limit is 50 to 100 Kgs as long as there is no medical history or condition involved. Please consult your doctor before visiting the trip
- The accommodations will be provided in standard hotels/ guest houses and camps on Single/twin/ triple sharing basis of your selection.
- The local permits required will be arranged by our vendor partner however a valid Id proof & address proof, the booking voucher is required.
Below are the additional charges that may incur and are not included in the package cost:
- Personal expenses
- Any detours that you may take or places that you visit which are not a part of the itinerary.
- Entry fees of any attractions.
- Full Refund- If cancelled 7 Days before departure
- No Refund- If cancelled within 7 Days of departure
If participants are unable to or refuse to go through with the experience at site, no refund will be applicable. In order to cause inconvenience to the other travellers, the expedition will continue in such case and participant will have to make their own arrangements, if they continue their stay.
- Each day you will be taking a drive for 5-6 hours and enjoying the surreal beauty in all its glory.
- Dinner from Day 2 to Day 7. Breakfast from Day 3 to Day 8 is included in the package.
The payment policy is 100% at booking
- In case of extreme bad weather, government restriction or political disturbance, if any activity is cancelled; then the operator will suggest the best possible alternative. However, a cash refund is not applicable. In case of a change in itinerary due to weather, any additional expenses must be borne by the traveler.
- AMS or Acute Mountain Sickness is caused by the quick exposure to low oxygen levels at high altitude. Symptoms of AMS include nausea, fatigue, rapid heart rate and headache to name a few.
- In case of any symptoms, please inform your tour marshal immediately, if there is any discomfort and oxygen levels drop, Backup oxygen cylinder is provided as an immediate relief and the customer is taken to the nearest hospital and moved to a lower altitude region. Once the doctor certifies that you are fit to travel, you can resume the trip or you will be advised to travel back home.
- Any changes in your schedule pertaining to airlines or transportation will result in a change in the entire itinerary. The operator will suggest the best alternative possible in this case. However, a refund for any missed inclusions will not be provided and any extra cost incurred to rearrange the itinerary will be borne by the traveller.